Pages

June 27, 2012

Give Me a Break!


by Susan Reichert, Editor-in-Chief


Ever had a day you just couldn’t get the words to sound right on paper? My ideas are in my head but for some reason the words just don’t put my ideas in a good light.  Those are the days I decide to take a break, grab a coffee from Starbucks and people watch. 

Obviously, I always have a notebook handy where I jot down thoughts, yes, but truthfully, I am jotting down descriptions of people I see.  What kind of mannerisms they have. Guessing about the look on their faces and the people sitting at their table. No, I do not eavesdrop on their conversation. I am too busy with writing down what I see, not what I hear.

When I get back to my computer, my mind seems to be full of words that just have to get to paper. Now the words look right. Oh, these words are not from the descriptions I wrote from watching the peoplethey are the words that I was trying to put to paper earlier.

Life is like that; we are going along and all of a sudden things just aren’t right. But when we break, relax and give ourselves a chance to take in the things around us it helps clear out cobwebs we forgot to sweep out the day before. Then you begin to feel everything is right again.


No comments:

Post a Comment